1. Why ‘Spook Hill’ as your band name?
Spook Hill is a place in the Redlands where Ben and I grew up and Russell lives. It is one of those hills where you can put your car in neutral and it rolls uphill.
2. Who is in ‘Spook Hill’?
Mike Burns – lead guitar, Russell Sullivan – drums, Ben Axford – bass, and Toecutter Blue – guitar/vocals and assorted grunts.
3. Do you write your own songs?
4. Who are your heroes?
Tom Waits, Edward Kelly, Marcus Aurelius, Bob Dylan, Leadbelly, Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Warren Ellis, Gough Whitlam, Paul Kelly, Christopher Hitchens, Muddy Waters, Keith Richards, Robert Johnson……..many more….
5. The first band you saw live?
6. What’s your favourite Brisbane music venue?
The Queensport Hotel.
7. What’s your most embarrassing musical experience?
Falling off the stage at the Beetle Bar.
8. What’s the best (or dumbest) thing that’s been said to you at/after a show?
“You’re pretty old aren’t you!!”
9. What bands should people reading this be listening to?
Led Zep, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, Seasick Steve……..that sort of gear!!
10. If you could say one thing to Brisbane what would it be?
Get off your bogan fucking arses and check out the bands that we have here!!!!!
11. You can choose one musician/act, alive or dead, to perform with Spook Hill for one night only. Who do you choose?
12. If someone wrote a biography for you what would the title be?
God not him again!!
13. What can we expect from Spook Hill in the near future?
Some good, wholesome, dread riddled, hard arsed, ball breaking, pussy wetting, beer drinking, pot smoking rock and fucking roll!!!!!!